Terms – Open License
Open License Terms
- FSM grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, worldwide license to use, publish and/or transmit FSM content (“Content”) as published in the The First Source Media and on thefirstource.org website or any affiliate or successor website for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- In a short quotation of a maximum of 100 words in length excluding advertising and endorsement purposes; or
- In coursework or dissertations created in the course of full- or part-time study at a recognized school or university or other place of learning provided that such coursework or dissertation shall not be released for external publication in any form; or
- In church or village or parish newsletters provided that in the case of articles you shall not exceed 500 words; or
- Use of articles in personal, non-commercial blog- and websites subject to i) a link back to theguardian.com website; and ii) a limit of 500 words.
- You may reproduce a reduced or edited version of the Content, including alterations of the layout of the Content or cropping images to fit the Purposes or contextualizing the Content for publication, provided that you preserve the context, meaning and integrity of the Content as originally published by FSM. You shall ensure that any headlines or captions inserted by you to accompany the Content shall accurately reflect the material contained in the Content. For the avoidance of doubt, all other modifications, editing, alterations, or abridgements of the Content other than those expressly permitted under this Agreement are prohibited.
- You agree to retain: (i) the by-line(s) on the Content; (ii) the original watermark, metadata and analytics code embedded in the Content; (iii) any disclaimer footnote, correction or other notice that is contained within the Content; and (iv) all links to external websites contained within the Content.
- Alongside all uses of FSM content for the Purposes, you shall print an acknowledgement to FSM such as “Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltd”.
- FSM, or its licensors, shall retain all intellectual property rights in the Content provided under this Agreement. You shall not use, sell, copy, transmit, display or redistribute the Content except as set out in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that when you use FSM content for the Purposes, you are doing so at your own discretion and risk, including any reliance on the accuracy and completeness of that content. FSM accepts no liability in respect of your use of FSM content for the Purposes.
Terms and conditions
Provided that you use the Tor Browser or TAILS secure browser to access the Secure email platform confidentiality is assured via the Tor hidden service, however it cannot be guaranteed by this alone
If you are using the Tor browser you should ensure that there is no keylogging malware on your PC,MAC or tablet. The TAILs live DVD may be preferable
Any content uploaded to the platform will be treated in the utmost confidentiality by us to protect your anonymity unless you indicate you wish to waive it.
Uploading of content to the platform is no guarantee that an article will be published referencing that data. FSM Editorial policy will be the ultimate arbiter of what is used.
When accessing this landing page we will not set cookies, fingerprint your browser/machine or display third party content
When accessing the our secure email platform we will not log your IP address, we will not set cookies, fingerprint your browser/machine or display third party content
Do not abuse the platform by uploading pornographic or obscene imagery
Use of FSM secure email platform is at the user’s own risk