Brussels attacks: city mourns as manhunt continues – live updates
- Death toll in Islamic State bombings reaches 31
- At least 11 killed and around 100 injured in Zaventem airport attack
- 20 dead and up to 130 injured in Maelbeek metro station blast
- Latest summary: what we know so far
- Share your eyewitness accounts and news tips
#Belgium has asked EU ministers to meet to discuss the attacks, the Dutch justice minister has said on Twitter.
Op verzoek van België organiseert NL voorzitterschap een ministeriële bijeenkomst om de aanslagen te bespreken. Mogelijk donderdagochtend al
UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon has condemned the “despicable” attacks, according to a statement issued by his office:
The despicable attacks today struck at the heart of Belgium and the center of the European Union.
The secretary-general hopes those responsible will be swiftly brought to justice.
expressed their solidarity to Belgium in their fight against terrorism and stressed the need to intensify regional and international efforts to overcome terrorism and violent extremism, which may be conducive to terrorism.